Monday 1 March 2010

Plenty of jobs done

I havent posted for a while but managed to get quite a bit done with the build. I went up to Tiger any picked up the bodywork at well as the fuel tank, steering column, handbrake cables and a few other things. The rear brake shoes and cylinders arrived and these were a doddle to fit. I managed to get a good price on a set of new drums which wernt so easy to fit. The drums wouldnt go over the new shoes. I later found out that you need to set the adjustment spring to minimum in order for the drums to fit. Probably a well known fact but for the younger generations like me, I've never worked on the ancient technology that is drum brakes. A large screwdriver and a bit of force sorted this out.

I started looking for wheels then, and come across a good shop on Ebay. Plenty of good feedback and a total bargain at £300 for wheels and tyres. The tyres are 195/50/15 with the rims measuring 7 inches wide, offset of 38 and not forgetting the ford PCD of 108.

Next job I got round to was fitting the handbrake cables. I picked these up from Tiger and they come with a sheet of instructions on how to modify the cables for the job. It was staright forward to do but I still need a bit of adjustment to get it spot on.

I painted the fuel tank and fitted the mounting brackets to the chassis. Not going to bolt it in just yet as I need plenty of room to mount the pump, filter and fuel pipe. I also got round to fitting the steering column. This was real easy and it actually turned the chassis into a car......well kind of.

Next on the cards will be to adjust the handbrake, fit the fuel pump, filter, pipe etc. Im looking in a new blacktop unit as well. So that could be coming soon. Heres a few photos of the new jobs i've done.




Team dynamics pro race 2's


New drums

Rear brakes complete


Rolling chassis finally!!!


Rear end

Handbrake cables and balance bar (still needs adjustment)
One of the best buys in the build. Works a treat

All of the bofy from Tiger


Fuel tank placed in the back

1 comment:

  1. Finished car https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111169651833?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=HP27%200BS&page=1&make=Tiger&include-delivery-option=on&sort=relevance

    ReplyDelete